Module 1: Course Introduction
- Identify the daily classroom schedule and methodology
- Review the course objectives
Module 2: Introduction to Silk4NET
- Understand Silk4NET is and where it fits in the testing lifecycle.
- Know the benefits of using Silk4NET.
Module 3: Creating a Silk4NET Project
- Describe projects and understand why they are used.
- Create new projects in Visual Studio
- Add an empty test container
Module 4: Managing Application Configurations
- Understand what the base state of an application is.
- Understand what an application configuration is.
- Add an application configuration to test your application with Silk4NET.
Module 5: Recording a Test
- Add a test to a project.
- Record a test.
Module 6: Object Recognition
- Understand how Silk4NET recognizes the objects in your application.
- Understand what dynamic object recognition is.
- Understand what XPath is.
- Understand what Locators and Object Maps and when to use them.
- Use the Locator Spy to add locators to test methods.
- Identify objects in your application.
Module 7: Adding Verification
- Understand what a verification is.
- Add a verification to your test.
Module 8: Play back tests and analyze results
- Playback tests.
- Edit replay options to fit your environment.
- Understand TrueLog.
- View and understand test results.
Module 9: Testing Web applications on mobile browsers
- Record a test for a Web application on a mobile browser.
- Replay the same test on both a mobile browser and a desktop browser.
Module 10: Cross-browser testing
- Understand what cross-browser testing is.
- Change the browser that is used in your test.
- Create a test that is run on multiple browsers.
Module 11: Wrap up exercises
- Complete wrap up exercise – review practical course objectives.
- Complete wrap up quiz.